Primary LocationPerth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Western Australia, Australia
We expect a lot from our people as they work on challenging and exciting projects, shape the way we evolve, and adapt and transform the industries we work in. We rally together, drawing on the diverse skills across our teams and create environments where great ideas are heard.
This opportunity will see you join a strong brand; a highly experienced team with a reputation for delivery and working together for our customers to develop and provide solutions.
About the role
As a key player, you will be accountable for preparing and submitting accurate tender estimates for construction, fabrication or maintenance work. You will work across all our Asset Services business portfolios. Included in your tasks you will:
- Develop standards and procedures for projects estimating activities
- Ensure all estimates utilise approved norms, rates or other pricing mechanisms, and develop new ones as necessary
- Review all RFPs to ensure responses occur by the submission due date
- Ensure a Basis of Estimate document is available for all estimates provided
You will thrive in an environment where you can work independently but also be part of a high functioning team. Ideally you will have:
- Significant Lump Sum estimating experience in Oil & Gas, Mining and Power sectors, in brownfield maintenance/construction environments
- A relevant engineering degree or quantity surveying qualification is desirable
- Knowledge and expertise of estimating practices, standards, systems and processes
- Effective communication and coordination skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a high-performing team
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- The chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including:
- incentive opportunity
- health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- flexible work arrangements – have a chat to us around how this can work for you
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
Reference # 233988