- Transport & Technology Systems
THROUGH LIFE MANAGEMENT
UGL is a proud Australian company and long-term partner to the Australian Defence Force offering comprehensive integrated solutions throughout the entire life cycle of defence assets including engineering design, manufacture, supply chain, maintenance and refurbishment capabilities.
From warship modernisation programs to innovative through-life support services for a broad range of naval ship classes, the maintenance of weapons systems, and electrical and instrumentation systems, UGL offers a complete range of sustainment solutions to support mission critical assets for its defence clients.
The company’s success in this sector is based on established local capabilities and resources, including workshops, fabrication facilities and a wide range of engineering and technical skills, supported by a team of defence professionals, with extensive experience in Australian and international military standards and protocols.
Delivering client driven, sustainable solutions through the safe provision of integrated supply, maintenance and asset management services forms UGL’s core objective in the defence sector.
Ensuring high levels of operational availability for the Royal Australian Navy’s world class assets will continue to be UGL’s focus when providing innovative life cycle support solutions. This level of support ensures continuity of service and protection for forces as they fulfill their operational duties.
Optimising Defence Assets Through Life
With thorough planning, asset management, procurement and reliability-centred services, UGL extends the service life of critical assets in the defence industry. UGL develops the most cost-effective sustainment solutions for warships, capital equipment, ship systems, and communication and security systems. We combine our extensive industry knowledge base with innovative services to deliver customised support packages with guaranteed results.
Our offerings are designed to allow the client to focus on their mission, while we concentrate on the provision of the support solutions needed to achieve those goals. UGL’s naval sustainment capability at a glance:
- Maintenance decisions are made with the aim of minimising life cycle costs and maximising whole‑of‑life asset value
- UGL can create comprehensive logistics packages customised to take into account specific requirements and priorities
- UGL can provide leading ship maintenance, repair and refurbishment services
- Vital for creating and maintaining successful naval operations, UGL delivers competitive whole-of-life asset support solutions
- With strategically placed naval centres of excellence on the East and West coasts of Australia, UGL is well placed to deliver major support and capability development services