In this digital era, UGL is always ready to adapt and anticipate the changing needs of our clients.
Across CIMIC Group, we are actively collaborating with partners. We’re working with our clients, universities, and industry bodies to advance research and development and bring better solutions to industry practice.
Future Railway Mobile Communication System
Across Australia, railway communication networks are aging. As a leading provider in rail communications technology, UGL is focused on supporting the development of new rail communication systems.
The Future Railway Mobile Communication System (FRMCS) is the next generation of communications and is based on 5G technology. Designed in Europe by the International Union of Railways (UIC), FRMCS is the next generation end-to-end communications system architecture for rail transportation supporting multiple technologies.
We are excited to be involved with European Telecommunication Standard Institute in the development of Mission Critical Communication (MCX) and FRMCS as a Plugtest Observer to help define the testing scope, observe the tests and evaluate the test outcomes.
Plugtest are designed to serve two main purposes:
- They provide essential feedback to technical committees to help improve standards and to accelerate the standards-making process; and
- They enable engineers to come together to test the interoperability of their implementations – which can reduce a product’s time-to-market.
Being a part of these events allows UGL to assist in:
- improving the interoperability of products and services
- supporting the deployment of new technologies
- enabling networking between partners, competitors and other experts, and
- validating our standards.
We are proud to be able to have a continued focus on the development of rail communication in Australia and New Zealand.