Sydney Metro North West radio communications
- Transport for NSW
- Engineering design
- Construction and commissioning
- Contract type
- New South Wales
- Northwest Sydney
As part of the Sydney Metro Northwest project, UGL was subcontracted by Systems JV to deliver the radio communications package providing all wireless infrastructure for the new line which included:
- TETRA operation radio for the entire line
- mobile phone rebroadcast services in tunnel and stations
- P25 emergency services for the underground tunnel and station areas, and
- fibre back haul to support these services.
UGL is a member of the Northwest Rapid Transit Consortium (NRT) delivering the Sydney Metro Northwest project, along with John Holland, MTR Corporation, Leighton Contractors and Plenary Group. The NRT procured rolling stock and designing, building, financing and then operating the 36km rapid transit train service for 15 years.