Country Regional Network
- Transport for NSW
- Operations and maintenance
- Contract type
- New South Wales
UGL Regional Linx, (UGLRL) has been selected by Transport for NSW (TfNSW) to deliver the operations and maintenance of rail infrastructure for the Country Regional Network (CRN).
Mobilisation began in early 2021 with UGL commencing operations in January 2022.
UGLRL is be responsible for managing an important network of assets on behalf of TfNSW. This network ensures the safe movement of people and goods throughout the regions of NSW, and links Sydney to many of the State’s important regional centres.
UGLRL’s scope of work includes:
- Network operations, including establishment of a new network control centre in regional NSW
- Rail infrastructure maintenance and implementation of a new signalling system - UGL’s proprietary system, Sigview
- Asset and property management, and
- Safety, access, performance, and environmental management.
Orange in the NSW Central West is the operational base for UGLRL.
UGLRL has made a strong commitment to local and indigenous employment, furthering its commitment to regional NSW.
The CRN network includes:
- 2,386 route kilometres of operational passenger and freight rail lines
- 3,139 route kilometres of non-operational lines
- 27,000 hectares of land and infrastructure
- 1,312 level crossings (300 active)
- 1,200 property assets (including 356 heritage sites)
- 600 rail underbridges and 384 road overbridges
- ~996 km of branch line track used predominantly for haulage of grain, with lower mass and speed limits than other parts of the network.
Contact UGL Regional Linx
If you have any specific questions relating to UGL Regional Linx or the Country Regional Network and possible employment please contact our team:
- 1300 661 390