People & Careers
The beginning of your journey with UGL.
You can search and apply for opportunities with us in several ways. Here is the general path to follow when searching for a career at UGL.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
SEARCH FOR A CAREER
You can search for an opportunity with us in several ways.
- Job Number
- Business unit
- When you find a position you are interested in, please ensure you have viewed the full advertisement before applying. This advertisement will list vital information about the position.
- You will be directed to read our Privacy Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully, and click "I Accept" to indicate your understanding and acceptance of our Privacy Agreement.
- You will be asked to register as a ‘New User’, or if you are already registered, ‘Login’ with your existing account details. If you have ever applied for a position or worked with UGL in the past you may have an account. Select ‘forgot user name’ then ‘forgot password’ to reset your details.
- You will be asked to enter in your personal details. This will include your name and an email address. Please ensure your email address is valid as this will be how the UGL Careers team keep you informed in the future plus is required to retrieve forgotten usernames or passwords.
- If you register with a Hotmail or Yahoo account, please remember to check your "Junk" folders for the confirmation of your application email, and set us up as a known email address, so you don't miss out on important correspondence.
- Continue through the application process, and don't forget to have your up-to-date CV/resumé ready to upload.
CREATE A PROFILE
How to create a career profile and receive email alerts for job vacancies
Create your own career profile with your previous work experience, job interests, education and contact details. Your profile allows us to match your skills and experience to job opportunities as they become available. We can also send you email alerts about your preferred roles when vacancies arise.
First visit to People & Careers?
We recommend you Create a Profile before applying for a job.
You can create a profile in three easy steps:
- Choose a username and password
- Complete our standard application form
- Attach a copy of your CV/resume
Returning to People & Careers at UGL?
- Sign in with your username and password
- Review your existing information in the standard application form before applying for a new job
- Answer any additional questions related to the job you are applying for
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
You can view or update your profile any time by signing in to careers@UGL.
Step-by-step explanation of the application and selection process.
While the recruitment process can vary across our company, the standard selection process for most roles at UGL is as follows:
All applications are submitted and managed through our confidential, online recruitment system. It should take you no more than 15 minutes to submit your application, which should include a covering letter, an up-to-date CV/resumé and any relevant certificates.
- Allow at least 15 minutes to complete your application
- Ensure that you have a covering letter, up-to-date CV/resumé and any relevant certificates
- Provide contact details so that we are able to communicate with you easily (a home/office and mobile number, as well as your email address, helps us to reach you easily)
- Take time to check your responses to the questions, and check your spelling and grammar
- If your contact details change after you have submitted your application, please log back in to our online recruitment system and update them
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY FOR A JOB AT UGL?
We'll send you a confirmation email when we receive your application. If your skills match the requirements of the job, you'll be contacted regarding the next steps. We'll also contact you by phone or email to let you know if your application has been unsuccessful.You can also view the status of your submitted application by accessing your profile. Click the "Sign In" link in the top right corner of the Job Search page. After reviewing/accepting the privacy agreement, enter your username and password and click "Login." Click on the "My Job Page" tab, then "My Submissions." This page will display information about jobs for which you've begun to, or submitted an application, the status of the job, and the status of your application within the job.
YOUR APPLICATION IS CONFIDENTIAL
The information you provide is only used for employment purposes. Your details will be treated confidentially in accordance with our privacy statement.
OUR SCREENING PROCESS
If your skills match the job requirements a consultant will call you for a phone interview.
If you're successful your CV/resume will be short listed and passed on to the manager recruiting for the role.
If you get through this stage you'll be invited for an interview in person.
It may take us up to six weeks to review your application. At UGL, we don’t rush this step. It’s important that we make sure we select candidates who are right for our company and right for a particular role. If you’re invited to continue to the next stage, we’ll ask you to attend, depending on your location, a face-to-face, telephone or videoconference interview. If you’re not selected, we’ll keep your details in our system for future opportunities.
We believe the interview should be a two-way communication process. This is an opportunity for you to share information about your skills and experiences, and also obtain information about UGL and the role you have applied for. While we will be determining if you have the skills, experience and knowledge required for the role, you will be deciding whether we are the right company for you.
You will be asked behavioural-based interview questions that enable you to demonstrate how you have responded to, or handled, specific situations in your past. We encourage you to take your time in answering questions and ensure that you describe the situation, the action you took and explain the outcome.
On occasion we use psychometric assessments for leadership and specialised roles. Your careers@UGL consultant will inform you if this applies.
VERBAL REFERENCE CHECKING
Before an offer is extended; two professional verbal referees will be contacted. Please ensure that you have spoken with your referees and asked their permission before you provide their details to us. You will be notified before we contact anyone, to ensure we have your consent.
If you are successful at your interview, you will be asked to take a pre-employment medical, which aims to:
- Ensure you are fit for the job and won't put yourself or others at risk of illness or injury
- Establish your general health so that we are able to monitor you and identify any pre-existing medical conditions
- UGL covers all costs associated with the pre-employment medicals
Once you have successfully completed the UGL selection and pre-employment medical process, we will contact you to extend a verbal offer of employment. We will then send you a written employment contract.
Remember, our UGL Careers team will be able to answer any questions you may have throughout the process.
NOTE: UGL is not undertaking a Graduate Program for 2013
Due to high demand for placements, all applications for secondary school students wishing to undertake general work experience placement should be made with the support of a UGL staff member who is well known to you. This UGL person will liaise with their local manager for an available placement.
TEMPORARY AND CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT
We employ short-term and temporary employees, as well as project based contractors across the company.
We also partner with a panel of contingent recruitment providers to assist in resourcing our project and short-term needs as they arise.
To find out how to join UGL as a temporary or contract team member please call:
+61 8925 8925
8.30am – 5.30pm AEST
Monday to Friday
If you like UGL but haven’t quite found the right career, you can still express your interest by submitting a general CV/resume.
Just click on Join Us and follow the instructions. We’ll keep your CV/resume in our system in the geographic region in which you applied, but your information won't be tied to a specific job opening. Our recruiters will contact you if there’s a fit with one of our opportunities.