All aboard for UGL Regional Linx
- Хоёрдугаар сар 11, 2022
- Operations and Maintenance
- Asset management
- Tag хийх
UGL is in full mobilisation mode ahead of the commencement of a 10-year contract to operate and maintain the Country Regional Network (CRN) for long-standing client, Transport for NSW.
The CRN will be managed from January 2022 through UGL Regional Linx (UGLRL), a subsidiary of UGL.
UGLRL will operate its Network Control Centre and headquarters out of Orange in NSW’s Central West.
The CRN network includes:
- 2,386 route kilometres of operational passenger and freight rail lines
- 3,139 route kilometres of non-operational lines
- 27,000 hectares of land
- 1,312 level crossings (300 active)
- 1,200 property assets (including 356 heritage sites)
- 600 rail underbridges and 384 road overbridges
- Around 1000 kilometres of the 2,386km of operational track is branch line track used predominantly for haulage of grain, with lower mass and speed limits than other parts of the network.
At least 80% of the workforce will live near the CRN, and within five years of the contract commencing, it is projected 20% of the UGLRL workforce will be of Indigenous background.
Driving a “buy local” campaign, UGLRL is investing in local economies along the network, including vehicles, vehicle fit-outs, branding and the engagement of trades to complete the transformation of the headquarters in Orange.
This significant investment in regional NSW has created quite a degree of excitement in the Central West as the team, led by CEO, John Pistak, comes together.
John has himself moved to the Central West from Sydney and has experienced his first taste of a traditional brisk Orange winter.
Join the team
Are you interested in joining our dynamic UGL Regional Linx team? Head to our recruitment page today to view our current employment opportunities.