People & Careers
- Why work at UGL
- Life at UGL
- Join Us
- People & Careers Contact
Great workplaces like ours don't just happen.
To create a working environment that is fair, safe, challenging and rewarding, we have a number of workplace policies and procedures which we expect our people to follow.
Our employment policies help ensure:
- All employment related decisions are based on merit.
- Opportunities are afforded to everyone to develop knowledge, skills and experience, and contribute ideas freely.
We strive to foster a working environment which is not only exciting and challenging, but is also inclusive and supportive. That means a place where everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and they feel able to achieve their maximum potential.
We respect diversity in our people, in their ideas, work styles and perspectives.
We believe diversity is critical to providing excellent client service through teamwork. It also fosters innovation and helps grow our business.
UGL does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of the following characteristics:
- Ethnic origin
- National origin
- Social origin
- Religious beliefs
- Marital status
- Sexual preference
- Physical, intellectual, psychiatric, sensory, neurological or learning disabilities
- Physical disfigurement
- Carrying a disease-bearing organism (e.g. the HIV virus)
- Pregnancy or potential pregnancy
- Irrelevant criminal record
- Medical record
- Trade union activity
- Political opinion
- Family or carer’s responsibilities
- Being an associate of someone with (or imputed to have) any of the above attributes