People & Careers
- Why work at UGL
- Life at UGL
- Join Us
- People & Careers Contact
Preparing for interviews
If you have been contacted for an interview, please bring a copy of your resumé/CV and be prepared to meet with one or more interviewers. Our interviews usually last from 15 minutes to an hour, and may be followed by a brief tour of your potential site/or office at UGL.
Here are some quick tips for a successful interview:
Be prepared with answers to these questions
- What are my best qualities, and what can I bring to this company?
- What is your typical day and how do you go about organising your day?
- What is your experience working in teams and ways in which you feel
that you have contributed to teamwork in the past?
- What have I learned from my successes and failures?
- What are some areas I could improve upon?
Do your research
Research UGL, the position being offered, and how you will fit into it. Look into the UGL's history, products, services, successes, our vision, culture and values.
Do not be afraid to ask
Ask in a curious, straightforward way about UGL and the role that you are applying for.
Be confident and trust yourself
You are a valuable candidate for the job, and you have a lot to offer.
You are not just here to talk about your experience, you are also here to learn about UGL and the job you are interested in.
- Read the job posting carefully to make sure you know what it is about.
- Arrive early. If something unavoidable causes you to be late, call and let us know.
- Bring a few extra copies of your resumé/CV, just in case they are required.
- Follow up later with a phone call or an email. Let us know you are still interested.