The Digital Train Radio System (DTRS) project consists of design, development, construction, integration, commissioning and testing and Through-Life-Support (TLS) of a global system for mobile communications-railway (GSM-R) private communication network for train safety and control throughout Transport for NSW’s entire electrified rail network.
UGL’s scope of work includes:
- design, supply, install and maintenance of the Digital Train Radio System (DTRS)
- 1,455km of track across the Sydney Trains electrified rail network, in a brownfield environment (including stabling yards, sidings and tunnels)
- fitment of onboard radios and interface equipment to 675 train cabs, and
- provision of state-of-the-art digital train radio technology, enabling communications between train crews, track workers, freight operators and emergency services.
The UGL DTRS TLS team operate and maintain the following:
- 330 track side base stations with fixed masts, plus in-fill antenna
- 115 dispatch terminals
- three core networks
- 1,000 cab radio, HMIs and other on-train equipment.