Telstra mobile black spot
- Engineering design
- Construction and commissioning
- Contract type
- New South Wales
- Central Coast, NSW
The Federal Government's Mobile Black Spot Program is one of the largest ever expansions of mobile coverage in regional and remote Australia.
UGL has been engaged by Telstra to install mobile phone base stations within the Sydney Trains rail corridor. A challenging environment which required teams to adhere to the constraints of working around rail, but also delaying assets within a rail-controlled setting.
UGL’s scope includes:
- 3.6km of cable infrastructure in Boronia and Woy Woy rail tunnels
- construction and testing of 11 macro sites
- finalising design on 3 macro sites, and
- completing the optical fibre connectivity between the sites and Telstra’s exchange network.