LocationMugga Lane, Hume
The major components of this facility are
- a fixed photovoltaic (PV) solar system and
- a single axis tracking PV solar system.
Mugga Lane Solar Park produces enough electricity from the sun to power around 3,000 households, or 100 small-scale industrial facilities, in the ACT. That’s around 24,418MWh of electricity annually. Once fully operational, the facility is expected to save around 480,000 tons of CO2 gas emissions over its 25-year life cycle.
Scope of work
- project management
- design management
- operations and maintenance
- construction management
- health and safety management
UGL provided the operations and maintenance of a 13.3MWAC or 15.3336MWDC photovoltaic solar farm for a two-year period.
- export of power occurred six weeks earlier than planned.
- industry benchmark was set through work with the ACT regulator.
- local labour was largely utilised.
- the project was delivered without penalty and within budget.