UGL is delivering large upgrades for the Lower South Creek Treatment Program at Riverstone, St Marys and Quakers Hill Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants for Sydney Water Corporation (Sydney Water).
UGL is part of the ADAPT Joint Venture with WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff. As the delivery partner for the Lower South Creek Treatment Program, UGL is providing project management services including:
- design and construction management
- project risk management
- procurement management – consultancy, technical, design, equipment, materials, construction, commissioning work packages
- contract/commercial management
- commissioning and turnover management
The scope of works is being delivered in three stages:
- Project 1: Riverstone Wastewater Treatment Plant Stage 1 amplification and upgrade
- Project 2: reliability and renewal works at the St Marys Water Recycling Plant to serve future population growth the plant requiring augmentation to the liquid stream, and the aerobic digestion to be converted to anaerobic digestion
- Project 3: a new 38 ML/day Biological Nutrient Removal plant with primary sedimentation at Quakers Hill, to replace the existing secondary treatment plant.
Sydney Water invested in the program to increase the quality capacity and reliability of the Lower South Creek wastewater system in Sydney’s South West. The upgrade to the infrastructure will enable the wastewater system to support an additional 500,000 people in the area by 2040.