CIMIC's UGL wins more than $200M in Western Australia energy and resources contracts
UGL, a member of the CIMIC Group, has been awarded various multi-year contracts in the energy and resources sector.
The contracts, all with existing clients in Western Australia and commencing in late 2022, will provide revenue of more than $200 million to UGL.
UGL is a major employer in Western Australia and builds on its market-leading position in the energy and resources sector with the agreements, which include:
- An extension for electrical, instrumentation, mechanical and access services on alumina refineries for Alcoa;
- A new 5-year contract for specialist turbine services including electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, insulation and cladding services for turbine outages for Alcoa;
- A new 3-year contract for electrical, instrumentation, mechanical and cranage services on various onshore and offshore gas assets for Santos;
- A new 3-year contract for capital projects including electrical, instrumentation, structural, mechanical and piping works across various iron ore mines and ports for BHP Iron Ore; and
- An extension for asset preservation services at the Pyrenees offshore vessel and onshore Macedon Gas Plant for Woodside Energy through IAS Group – UGL’s wholly owned specialist provider of asset life extension and critical repair solutions in the resources, infrastructure and industrial sectors.
CIMIC Group Executive Chairman Juan Santamaria said: “Providing services for critical energy assets across Australia keeps our communities and industries going. By consistently providing experience, tailored solutions and flexibility, we are proud to be considered a trusted partner for these long-term clients.”
UGL Managing Director Doug Moss said: “UGL has been an important part of the Western Australian economy for decades, from providing support to the leading producers of resources and energy, to the local manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock assets and navy vessels. We’re delighted to be able to continue providing local opportunities for our people and expertise to our clients through these contract awards.”