ClientTransport for NSW
Scope of work
- network operations, including establishment of a new network control centre in regional NSW
- rail infrastructure maintenance and implementation of a new signalling system - UGL’s proprietary system, Sigview
- asset and property management, and
- safety, access, performance, and environmental management.
Orange in the NSW Central West is the operational base for UGLRL.
UGLRL has made a strong commitment to local and indigenous employment, furthering its commitment to regional NSW.
The CRN network includes:
- 2,386 route kilometres of operational passenger and freight rail lines
- 3,139 route kilometres of non-operational lines
- 27,000 hectares of land and infrastructure
- 1,312 level crossings (300 active)
- 1,200 property assets (including 356 heritage sites)
- 600 rail underbridges and 384 road overbridges
- 996 km of branch line track used predominantly for haulage of grain, with lower mass and speed limits than other parts of the network.
UGLRL has contractually committed to at least 80% regional employment of its workforce operating on the CRN.