Sydney Metro Northwest
- Transport for NSW
- Engineering design
- Construction and commissioning
- Operations and maintenance
- Contract type
- New South Wales
- Northwest Sydney
UGL is a member of the NorthWest Rapid Transit Consortium delivering the Sydney Metro North West project.
The NorthWest Rapid Transit Consortium will procure rolling stock and design, build, finance and then operate the 36km rapid transit train service for 15 years.
Sydney Metro Northwest is stage 1 of the development of Sydney Metro, Australia’s largest current transport project.
The current scheme comprises:
- establishment of Australia’s first metropolitan railway using state of the art driverless train technology
- track length spanning 28km of underground tunnel, 4km of viaduct and 4km of at grade track
- 8 new stations and augmentation of 5 existing stations along with a rail maintenance facility
- augmentation and integration of the existing Epping to Chatswood Line